Supportive Salt Lake City Workers Comp Attorneys
Helping you secure benefits for your work-related injuries
Workers compensation is an important component of the American work culture. It protects both employers and employees, and it is especially vital in hazardous professions. If you were injured at work and wish to take full advantage of the benefits to which you are entitled, the workers comp lawyers in Salt Lake City from Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen can help you apply for and obtain that crucial coverage.
About workers compensation laws
Workers comp laws serve a number of purposes, including the following:
- Financially provide for workers who suffer injuries or illnesses as a result of their jobs
- Minimize the need for, and amount of, personal injury litigation (filing a claim for workers comp is not a formal charge)
- Provide for the heirs and dependents of individuals who die as a result of injuries or illnesses related to work or fatal occupational accidents
- Release coworkers from liability in most workplace accidents
To what benefits are you entitled as part of workers compensation?
In Utah, all employers are required to purchase workers compensation insurance that covers their employees in the event of injury. An injured employee can qualify for a wide range of benefits, depending on the injury suffered. Benefits include the following:
- Full medical benefits that cover the cost of the injury and any related procedures, equipment, medications or rehabilitative therapies — together with future projected medical costs, as determined by medical professionals
- Disability benefits, depending on severity of injury
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Vocational/occupational therapy or training for new work
- Death benefits for dependents, similar to those attainable in a wrongful death lawsuit
- Coverage of a percentage of the workers comp attorney fees
Workers compensation benefits do not cover pain and suffering or provide for punitive damages. If you believe your work-related injury was the result of gross negligence, intentional wrongdoing or reckless action at work, you may wish to consider other options, such as a personal injury lawsuit. Your Salt Lake City workers comp lawyer from Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen can help you make that decision.
A trustworthy representative who understands
At Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen, our workers comp attorneys in Salt Lake City are prepared to help you obtain the full benefits to which you are entitled for your occupational injury. Learn more about our services or schedule your free consultation by calling the firm today at 801-758-8728 or by contacting us online. Conveniently located in West Valley City, we represent clients throughout Salt Lake County and the surrounding areas of northern Utah, including Summit County and Davis County, and Wabash, Provo, Ogden and Park City.