Empathetic and Effective Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Serving victims of medical negligence in Salt Lake City and throughout northern Utah
As part of our personal injury services, we at Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen have handled countless medical malpractice claims over the years. Our more than 60 years of combined experience, knowledge of the legal field and access to an unparalleled network of resources allow us to offer clients the best support available from a Salt Lake City medical malpractice law firm.
When you choose us to litigate your medical malpractice case, you can rest assured that we will take the necessary steps to obtain full compensation for the injuries or other conditions you suffered as a result of medical negligence. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Salt Lake City thoroughly investigate all cases, making sure to review medical records and other documents meticulously. We then consult with highly credentialed experts such as surgeons, physicians, psychologists and others, who offer insight about the long-term medical costs of the malpractice and the emotional damage it could cause. As a result, we are able to compile strong cases that achieve fair and complete coverage for our clients.
Types of medical malpractice
Our job as your Salt Lake City medical malpractice lawyer is to prove convincingly that your doctor, nurse, surgeon, dentist or other medical caregiver made a careless or negligent error or oversight that led to your injury. The areas in which malpractice typically occurs are as follows:
- Diagnosis – When a physician fails to perform a thorough examination, take a detailed medical history or identify clear telltale signs of serious conditions, the oversight could lead to a misdiagnosis or even a failure to diagnose.
- Surgery – There are countless surgical errors a surgeon could make, both on the operating table and as a result of insufficient pre- or post-operative planning. These errors could lead to corrective surgical procedures, pain, emotional distress and long-term effects.
- Medication – Many cases of medical malpractice are related to mistakes in prescribing, dosing, combining or administering medications. Pharmacists whose negligence leads to improperly filled prescriptions could also be held liable.
- Patient monitoring – Physicians are responsible for monitoring the status and recovery of their patients. If they fail to recognize warning signs of complications, especially ones with rapid onset, the patient could suffer serious effects or even die.
- Dentistry – Negligent dental treatment mistakes most commonly cause damage to the lingual nerve, the jawbone, the temporomandibular joint or the gums, and they can result in serious pain or loss of feeling in the jaw, tongue, lips, head or neck.
Getting the compensation you deserve
The Salt Lake City medical malpractice lawyers of Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen are well- versed in all areas of personal injury and are prepared to help you seek coverage for the damage you suffer as a result of negligence. For more information on our services or to schedule your free consultation, call our firm today at 801-758-8728 or contact us online. Conveniently located in West Valley City, we represent clients throughout Salt Lake County and the surrounding areas of northern Utah, including Summit County and Davis County, and Wabash, Provo, Ogden and Park City.