Help from a Knowledgeable Salt Lake City Drug Lawyer
Representation for drug offenses
For anyone facing charges for a drug offense, the criminal penalties of a guilty conviction can be serious. Jail time, substantial fines and court-mandated treatment programs could all be included in the punishment. At Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen, our drug attorneys in Salt Lake City represent clients charged with the full range of drug crimes, and we work tirelessly to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Depending on the purpose for which you were in possession of the drug, the quantity of the drug discovered in your possession, the classification of the drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act and your number of offenses, the severity of your charges and consequences will vary. Some drug charges are misdemeanors, while others are felonies.
Types of drug charges
The different types of drug charges are as follows:
- Possession – Having a controlled substance or certain paraphernalia on your person or property, for the purpose of distribution or personal use
- Distribution – Distributing or selling a controlled or illegal substance
- Cultivation – Growing or harvesting marijuana/cannabis seeds or cocoa leaves (to make cocaine)
- Manufacturing – Producing a controlled or illegal substance such as meth, or maintaining a lab or drug-producing facility
- Trafficking – Transporting controlled substances either in or out of the state via trade or purchase/sale
Controlled substances in Utah
Your drug charge is based largely on the type of substance and the amount with which you are found. The drugs subject to charges and penalties include the following:
When you have been charged with a drug crime, a top-quality defense can make the difference between severe and minor penalties. Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen is one of the preeminent law firms in Utah, and our attorneys are equipped to help you achieve a favorable result.
Don’t gamble with your future. Talk to a Utah drug attorney who can help.
Call 801-758-8728 today or contact us online to schedule your free consultation. Conveniently located in West Valley City, Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen represents clients throughout Salt Lake County and the surrounding areas of northern Utah, including Summit County and Davis County, and Wabash, Provo, Ogden and Park City.